Work Opportunity Tax Credit
The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) is a federal tax credit available to employers who hire individuals from eligible target groups with significant barriers to employment.
Each year, employers claim over $1 billion in tax credits under the WOTC program.
Benefits of WORC:
- Reduces an employer’s cost of doing business
- Can reduce federal income tax liability by $1,200-$9,600 per employee
- No limit on number of hires
Who is eligible:
- TANF recipients
- SNAP recipients
- Vocational rehabilitation referrals
- Supplemental security income recipients
- Summer youth employees
Applying for WOTC
If your company is interested in using WOTC to hire ex-felons, please contact the MJH office for details and a list of eligible workers at (775) 223-0734.
You may also visit the WOTC website and use their step-by-step guide.